Goldstar Software has produced many tools over the years to help support PSQL environments.
For a complete list of all of our own tools, click HERE.
Certain other important downloads have been obtained from other sources, and these can
sometimes come in real handy. This page contains the list of third party tools
available from our web site for your convenience.
See the README file contained with each download for more information on the download file.
Btrieve File Utilities:
- This file contains the old Btrieve 5.x version of BUTIL for DOS. It is useful for rebuilding files or exporting
data from developer-supplied databases where the developer failed to re-distribute this utility.
- This file contains the Btrieve 7.x version of BUTIL for DOS. It is useful for rebuilding files or exporting
data from developer-supplied databases where the developer failed to re-distribute this utility. It should function
correctly on older engines.
PSQL Management Utilities:
- AutoBackup contains a VBScript application that can be easily customized to obtain scheduled backups of database files. This is a poor-man's backup product, combining the use of continuous operations AND the file copy all in one process.
- KeepOne provides a way to continually disconnect users from the PSQL
database, except for one authorized user. This can be very helpful when rebuilding files or performing other database
maintenance. Also includes Jorge's ListUser utility which dumps a list of connected user names to a file.
- DDFConv.ZIP contains a file that used to be provided by Pervasive, called CNVDDF.EXE, along with a Word document that explains
how to convert your DDF's from an older Scalable SQL 3 format to the current format. Support for this tool from Actian is limited.
Please have a backup available before using it!
|Mauro Cosentino Borgese
- This VB6 source code (which will likely work on other VB versions
as well) contains the module definitions for the Distributed Tuning Interface (DTI). It does not appear to
be complete, but it is a good kick-start to VB developers looking to create DTI-based applications.
SQL Data Dictionary Utilities:
- This file contains the Shareware SQLScope utility, rewritten for ODBC to work under Pervasive.SQL 2000i and
Pervasive.SQL V8 database engines. This is NOT a Goldstar Software Utility, but rather one created by one of our
customers who wanted to make it available to others. Please see the README for more information.
DOS Command Line Utilities:
|Jack J Forman
- Ever try to find a file in your PATH? Wonder where WBTRCALL.DLL is loading from? DIRP will tell you very quickly.
- This DOS utility is really a full Hex editor -- useful for viewing & editing files!
|Vernon D. Buerg
- This file viewer for DOS quickly displays files in ASCII or Hex. A useful tool for viewing raw Btrieve data!
- This updated file contains the Turbo FAT Cache disabler for NetWare 4.10, 4.11/4.2, 5.x, and 6.x. This file
is also available from Novell's web site. It supercedes the files TURBOD, NW5TURBO, and TURBOD2.