Get our Carbonite Endpoint data sheet here.
Get more details from the Carbonite web site.
See the Carbonite General Terms of Service.
The mobile workforce, portable office, working from home, and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) strategies have completely changed the business computing landscape over the past few years. Companies can no longer insist on locked-down, in-office, desktop computers and force all data to be stored on production servers. More commonly, companies are providing company laptops to allow their workforce to be productive from anywhere in the world. As devices get more powerful and smaller, some companies are even forgoing the company laptop and cellphone, instead allowing the employee or contractor to use his or her own hardware solutions through a BYOD policy.
This trend presents two major challenges to businesses today:
- Data Backup: A business must be able to identify its important data, wherever it may reside, and enable a safe and secure backup of that data to protect from data loss in the event of a system failure or malware. If the data is being created on a portable device that rarely visits the office, the chance of massive data loss is ever-present, and the costs of a failure can be quite high for the employee.
- Data Protection: As data migrates down to the laptop, tablet, and cellphone level, it becomes increasing more portable. While that portability provide productivity gains for the employee, it can also present a risk to corporate data if the device were ever lost or stolen.
If your job depends on protecting this data, you're probably not sleeping very well at night, knowing that data could be lost or compromised at any time of the day or night.
Enter Carbonite Endpoint. This hybrid solution provides a policy-driven backup solution for the wide variety of endpoint devices in a typical corporate environment, including Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OSX computers, iOS-based devices like iPads and iPhones, and Android-based tablets and smartphones. From the central management console, you can deploy and manage the solution, monitor backup events, and view audit trails and alerts. If a device gets misplaced, you can use Location Tracking to quickly reunite it with its owner, and remotely wipe the device on-demand or through a time-based policy, keeping confidential data away from prying eyes. And, if legal needs dictate, you can put a "legal hold" on a device, retaining the exact state of the data set at the time of the request.
Deployment options abound, too. Carbonite Endpoint can be deployed with a local repository in your own, private, local data center, in your private cloud, or in the public cloud. Global de-duplication ensures that you're not paying to have hundreds of copies of the same files stored in the repository. Local "QuickCache" functionality can reduce data transfer requirements and increase speed, too, and the "Roamsmart" feature allows you to disable the backup process while roaming on mobile networks, avoiding the dreaded "sticker shock" of wireless overage fees. Of course, your data is always protected by 256-bit AES encryption, both at-rest and in-flight.
As you can imagine, something THIS powerful and flexible also comes with a fair bit of complexity in pricing, but we're happy to work with you to provide a detailed quote for this solution. We need to know the following in order to build a quote:
- Number of Seats: How many devices need to be protected?
- Repository Location: Where do you want to store the data? You can choose Carbonite's own cloud vault for a true turn-key solution. Or, for more control, you can build and manage your own Microsoft Azure instance (which you pay for separately), or you can build out your own data vault in your data center.
- Data Size: If you choose Carbonite's Cloud storage, you need to also estimate the size of your data. "Standard" protection allows for an average of 100GB per device, with possible overage charges. For a small premium in price, "Advanced" protection offers unlimited data!
- Committment: You can account for Endpoint as an standard, operational expense through monthly billing and a 1-year or 3-year term committment. Or you can save money by prepaying for a full year or even three years in one lump sum.
Not sure if this is the right solution for you? Contact Goldstar Software directly, and we will review your specific needs and see if this solution is right for you. You can also request a free trial now.
Are you ready to find out more? Check out these short videos covering:
Do you already know what you need and just want pricing for Carbonite Endpoint? Due to the complexity of the pricing model, we do not offer this product on our web storefront. However, you can request a price quote right now with our Product Configurator:
Complete the form at the end to get your configuration reviewed and have a formal quote sent to you. Or, just give us a call and we can get you exact pricing and get you started right away!