Using FTP To Upload Files to Goldstar Software
Last Updated 09/21/2017
You have been directed to this site because you have a file that you need to send to Goldstar Software. This page will explain the steps needed to send the file via File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
NOTE: Please compress all submissions with PKZIP, WINZIP, RAR, or some other similar compression tool. This will not only ensure a faster upload time, but it will also expedite the work we must do on the files, and it will ensure that we are receiving the exact file -- with no additional corruption added by the file transfer.
If you have an FTP client and know how to use it, please connect to the site ftp2.goldstarsoftware.com with an anonymous login via a Passive FTP connection. Change into the hidden folder Uploads, then upload the file to that directory. Send an Email to email@example.com with your contact information when the file is completely uploaded.
If you do not have an FTP client or if you have problems with the above, these steps will show you how to upload the file from a normal Windows Explorer dialog to our secure drop-box folder.
- First, make sure that the file is zipped up and ready for upload.
- Right-click the file and select "Copy".
- In a Windows Explorer window (either the same one or a new one), enter
ftp://ftp2.goldstarsoftware.com/Uploads in the address bar.
- You will receive an error titled "FTP Folder Error", with the last line indicating "Permission Denied". This is OK! Click OK to close this dialog box.
- If you copied the file in step 2, right-click inside this window and select Paste to copy up the file. Otherwise, drag&drop the file from your other window to this one.
- When the upload is done, the file will appear in the otherwise-empty folder. You are done!
Note that if the Explorer window is refreshed (either automatically or by pressing ), the file you just uploaded will disappear and you will see the same error message again. This occurs because this folder is a blind drop box -- you can copy files in, but nobody (but us) can see them. This protects your data from prying eyes on the Internet.
When the file upload is complete, send an Email to Support@goldstarsoftware.com with your contact information and the exact filename. If you have password-protected the ZIP file, be sure to include the password in the Email.
If you are not comfortable following these steps and do not have on-site IT support to assist, we can perform the upload and placement steps for you, at an additional cost of $250 per hour, billed in 15-minute increments. To use this service, find the location of your damaged files and contact us to request our Complete File Recovery Service.